Options employees are a diverse group of people who work with one or more individuals supported by Options. We currently provide support to 110 individuals living throughout the Madison community. Each Home Support Worker position is tailored to meet the specific needs and desires of the person(s) receiving the support. As a result, duties, work hours and expectations vary by position. Responsibilities of a Home Support Worker Position may include:
- preparing meals
- providing personal care
- home chores and maintenance
- companionship and emotional support
- assistance with participating in community life
We have limited daytime positions because many of the people we support have jobs or participate in other daytime activities and are out of their homes during the day. The majority of our positions occur during the early morning, late afternoon, evening or weekends. We also have a limited number of awake overnight and live-in paid roommate positions.
Positions vary from part to full time and include benefits at 30 hours per week of employment. In addition, some positions require access to a car in good working condition, a clean driving record and adequate liability insurance. Please click on the Current Openings tab at the left for information about our current job openings.
For additional information, please call our recruiter, Kate Krueger, at 608-249-1585. You may also e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please go to the application page if you would like to fill out an application online. Or click the following link to download our application form and either fax it back to Kate at 608-249-3372, return via the email address above, or mail to our business address: 22 N. 2nd Street, Madison, WI 53704
We look forward to meeting with you soon!
What we’re looking for
Options strives to provide quality support to individuals with developmental disabilities that focuses on their unique gifts, desires and support needs. We provide support to people in their own homes. We don’t have a fancy-schmancy building, lots of special high tech equipment or money to spare (we’re a private non-profit). Our most valuable asset is the committed, hard-working, dedicated staff who care deeply about the people we support and value the relationships they create in the course of providing direct support. We’re looking for committed, compassionate, dependable, people-oriented, team players who are willing to learn and to invest themselves in getting to know a person with a disability. That being said, we are required by certain rules and regulations to adhere to the following in our hiring practices.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience is helpful but not required for many positions
- We conduct reference checks on all applicants and must confirm 2 positive references to offer employment
- A criminal background check will be conducted on each applicant using the on-line CIB, CCAP, State Caregivers Directory, and Sexual Predators databases. Failure to disclose convictions and/or pending charges could result in the withdrawal of your application. Previous convictions do not necessarily rule out an applicant for hire. Eligibility to work will be made following standards established by the State of Wisconsin and Dane County.
- Applicants must have basic understanding of written and spoken English
- If the position requires driving, employment is contingent on an acceptable driving record and adequate liability insurance coverage.
The greatest benefit to working at Options is satisfaction in being part of a progressive organization that provides quality support to individuals with developmental disabilities. You will make a difference in people’s lives. You’ll meet lots of interesting people and will hopefully feel valued in the work that you do and in the unique contribution you make. Many of our direct support workers work part-time schedules, but full-time employment is often available.
All hourly employees receive the following benefits:
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Holiday premiums for 9 major holidays
- Professional liability insurance
Hourly employees working 30 hours or more also receive:
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Medical and dental insurance
- Group term life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 plan
Hourly employees working 35 hours or more also receive:
- Annual longevity payment after 2 consecutive years of employment equaling 4% of annual wages
- And we serve cookies on paydays!